1) Ok, this picture has a lot going on in it, but it is all connected. During the school year there is so much to juggle and Blogging is the first thing to go by the wayside…except… when you have an awesome planner to hold you accountable and keep your ideas organized. This planner is from Mandy’s Tips for Teachers and it is a perfect way to get my thoughts out on paper. I LOVE writing things down, and every teacher knows that a teacher has a slight obsession with pens. For me the Sharpie Fine Point Pens are where it is at. The finer, the better! I love the colors and that they don’t bleed through! Pencils and planners go hand in hand. Nobody enjoys whiteout clouding their planning. I love the Papermate Clearpoint Mechanical Pencils.
2) If you haven’t seen this, get ready… it will BLOW your mind. Last year my BTS prep was REVOLUTIONIZED by Magnetic Tape. I have 5 GIANT whiteboards in my classroom. I like to turn them into interactive bulletin boards and I can easily do this because of this magical product. No more hot glue and magnets… Just this and scissors ::insert crying emoji here:: I found this at our local SoCal teacher supply store but all you Amazon Prime’rs can grab it here.
3) I am sure most of you have jumped on the Periscope wagon, but if you haven’t because you are hesitant to add another thing to your plate… I suggest you do. There are so many amazing tips, tricks and tutorials available to you live from your favorite teacher bloggers. Ramona Recommends has great tips on incorporating Read Alouds into upper grade classrooms. Rachel Lynette has had a smorgasbord of amazing ideas and Glitter Meets Glue has been hosting a ton of giveaways! It’s a great space to connect and see practical things that you can use in your classroom.
4) A Teacher Fave of mine is Positive Reinforcement. I love having a classroom environment that build kids up, supports them and rewards them for positive behaviors. I do this with many things everyday, and one of my favorites it by using Brag Tags. Yes, even upper graders love them! Check out how I use them here.
5) Last, but not least, a total Teacher Fave is the book Wonder. I got a whole class set funded through DonorsChoose last year- with the Julian Chapter- and it was such an amazing experience reading it with my class. They really got great ELA content from it but beyond them the life lessons and personal connections made were just beautiful to see unfold!
We would love to have you link up with us and share your…
Simply drag this picture into powerpoint, or whatever you feel comfortable with, and place images of 1-5 of you Top Teacher Faves and link up below. You can find the flashes here. Link up all week!
Be sure to join us next week for Week 2: Curriculum Must Haves! We will be sharing products that we can’t live without and there will be some giveaways too!
Leave a Reply