Today I am linking up with Amy at Step into 2nd Grade with Mrs. Lemons to share a little bit more about me! Here are 10 facts about me.
1) I was in the June edition of Brides magazine. I am the one in the yellow boots. My husband and I were asked to model for a friends photo shoot and 2 years later one of my best friends called me and told me that she was looking in a magazine and saw me!
|Here’s another one!|
2) I love to throw parties! I know I shared my daughter’s Very Hungry Caterpillar party earlier this month… Earlier this Spring, I hosted a baby shower for one of my close friends and it was a little gentleman theme.
3) My husband and I are total foodies. We love to experiment in the kitchen and try all sorts of crazy techniques. We are also a part of this Fancy Schmancy Supper Club with 4 other couples. We meet 5 times a year and dress to the nines. Each couple hosts a themed 7 course dinner where we make EVERYTHING from scratch.
4) I LOVE SCRABBLE! MY husband and I played it on our very first date almost 5 years ago and it has been a running theme in our family.
|My little girl Penelope and her Scrabble inspired sign|
|For each month during her first year, I took a picture with her in a onesie that said how old she is|
5) For our honeymoon we traveled South America for one month. It was amazing.
6) I love candy… I mean LOVE it. I definitely have a sweet tooth.
7) I am a gym-a-holic. I go 6 days a week and when I was pregnant, I worked out up until 9 months.
8) My favorite food is soup- which I think is pretty weird.
9) I am a reality TV JUNKIE! I love the Bachelor and Bachelorette, of course I am watching the Bachelor Pad… I love Project Runway, Top Chef, Food Network Star
10) I love to read or to listen to books on tape. I am just finishing Divergent and am really excited to read Emily Giffin’s new book Where We Belong!
Your parties look so fun. I really like the scrabble above your babies head. That is so cute.
Mrs. Saunders' Lovelies says
Super cute boots and how cool is that, that you were in a magazine???
I nominated you for a couple of awards, stop by and pick them up!!!
Mrs. Saunders' Lovelies
My favorite food is soup, too – it's definitely not weird! I'm making it for dinner tonight, actually – even though it is almost 100 degrees out. Now that, I think, is weird 😉
Your daughter is adorable, and I love her Scrabble-themed room and photos!
I am impressed at your commitment to going to the gym so often! 🙂
How cool you were in a magazine!!
Love the Scrabble tiles! So cute. Now I'm hungry and I want a seven course spread. However, I'm not feeling the urge to workout. 🙂
Ruth S. says
Layla I'm a Scrabble fanatic! Ever play Scrabble at pogo.com? Your daughter is adorable! By the way, I'm an Eric Carle fan! Take a look at my post on my blog. I feature his latest book. The Eric Carle museum is amazing! http://teacherpark.blogspot.com/2011/11/eric-carle.html
I'm your newest follower!!
Lisa Marie Smith says
I <3 Emily Giffin! I have yet to purchase her new book! I can't wait to read it though! Thanks for following my blog, I'm your newest follower =)
Lisa @ Tales of an Education Major